Personal Licences

Selling Alcohol is the same as driving a car: you need a licence if you’re going to do it legally.

On top of the premises licence, all businesses selling wine, beer or spirits need at least one person – the designated premises supervisor – to hold a current personal licence.

We can help you apply for your Personal Licence as long as you are 18 or over, hold the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) qualification and have not held a licence that has been revoked in the last five years.



Spirits, wine, beer, cider or any other fermented distilled or spirituous liquid with an 0.5% or higher abv (alcohol by volume).

Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH)

This is an example of an accredited qualification required by anybody seeking a Personal Licence for England & Wales.  All applicants for a personal licence must first obtain an accredited qualification.

Personal Licence

A licence granted pursuant to s.111 of Licensing Act 2003 by a licensing authority to an individual authorising that person to supply alcohol, or authorise the supply of alcohol, in accordance with the terms of a premises licence.