New licensing application forms - Licensing Act 2003 (Personal and Premises Licences) (Forms) (Amendment) Regulations 2018
The Licensing Act 2003 (Personal and Premises Licences) (Forms) (Amendment) Regulations 2018 were laid before Parliament yesterday and will come into effect on 28 January 2019.
The Regulations update the following application forms:
- Personal licence application;
- Premises licence application;
- Premises licene transfer application; and
- Interim authority notice.
There are two principal changes to the forms, both linked to proof of right to work, being:
- an updated list of documents to evidence an individual’s entitlement to work in the United Kingdom; and
- provision for the option of evidencing an individual’s entitlement to work using the Home Office online right to work checking service.
Further detail on the latter point is included on the amended applications but essentially as an alternative to providing a copy document proving right to work in the UK, an applicant can instead permit the licensing authority to carry out an online check with the Home Office. Applicants will, however, need to supply the 9-digit share code to the licensing authority (provided when accessing the relevant government service).
Should you have any queries about these matters, please do not hesitate to contact our team of solicitors.