London's 24-hour vision
On 27th July the Major of London, Sadiq Kahn, launched London's first ever 24-hour London vision.
You can read the full proposal here: From good night to great night – A vision for London as a 24 hours city.
Using the Major vision, the Chair of Night Time Commission Philip Kolvin QC and Night Czar Amy Lamé are now tasked to work with industry experts on bringing the vision to life.
The key principals of the vision, which the Major has set following conversation with businesses, the Night Time Economy Borough Champions, the police and many other are:
London at night will:
- Be a global leader.
- Provide vibrant opportunities for all Londoners, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation or means.
- Promote all forms of cultural, leisure, retail and service activity.
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of residents, workers and visitors.
- Promote welcoming and accessible nightlife.
- Promote and protect investment, activity and entrepreneurship.
- Promote domestic and international visits to London.
- Be strategically located across London to promote opportunity and minimise impact.
- Become a 24-hour city that supports flexible lifestyles.
- Take account of future global and domestic trends in leisure, migration, technology, employment and economics.
We are grateful to Sustainable Acoustics for bringing this policy to our attention.