Covid 19 - What you need to know - Scotland - Framework for exiting lockdown
At her daily update yesterday (5th May) the First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon, outline a framework for potentially relaxing lockdown restrictions in Scotland.
Although reiterating her government’s commitment to taking a unified approach with the rest of the UK, where possible, she did indicate that some of the measures outlined may happened (subject to evidence to support a relaxation) before the end of the next lockdown period (due to be reviewed on 28th May).
In her speech the First Minister highlighted five areas under review:
- to allow exercise outside to happen more than once a day, so long as we continue to stay apart from people outside our own households,
- a relaxation in the rules to allow meeting up with a small, defined group of people from other households,
- to resume some NHS and community care services,
- to allow businesses to re-open, and
- the re-opening of Schools