Covid 19 - What you need to know - #FAIR4HOSPITALITY
UKHospitality has launched a campaign #FAIR4HOSPITALITY.
The campaign is seeking for hospitality businesses to be reopened and makes the following points:
"AT THE RIGHT TIME
- Hospitality will be ready to return to work on the return dates set by Westminster, Cardiff and Holyrood based on agreed risk-assessed protocols, ensuring protection for staff and customers
- Hospitality needs initial support to return sub-economically, to save jobs, communities and businesses, tapered as we return to growth.
- Hospitality is diverse and needs flexibility to operate safely, not a one-size-fits-all approach; some are already open, most will be ready by 4th July and others will need more time.
WITH THE RIGHT SUPPORT
With support from governments in four primary areas hospitality can play a leading role in Britain’s recovery
- Wellbeing: Endorse our best-practice protocols and risk assessments for a COVID Secure restart
- Employees: Ensure furlough is retained at full rate until hospitality businesses successfully restart
- Communities: Regulate to provide equitable solutions on rent
- Consumers: Cut VAT to boost confidence and incentivise visits to the tourist venues we love
To deliver fairness for all we need all stakeholders – including insurers, landlords and banks - to play a part.
FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION
- Summer revenues are crucial: without them a quiet winter will spell the end for many businesses. Rural and seaside communities will suffer disproportionately
- The Great British public deserve safe eating and drinking out, safe holidays and leisure: the financial cost is a justified investment in the future of the economy
- Hospitality provides jobs in every city, town and village - its recovery will play a crucial role in levelling up the economy
- We are more than jobs and livelihoods, we are where communities come together - our doors opening will be a true measure of national recovery."
UKHospitality are seeking help from supporters by sharing their campaign with your social media network using the hashtag #FAIR4HOSPITALITY.