Covid 19 - Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
Additional information has been released between Christmas and the New Year on applications for the latest support grants for hospitality, as previously these will be administered by Local authorities
To recap there is a subsidy allowance which claims cannot exceed, these are as follows:-
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance –up to £335,000 (subject to exchange rates) in Small Amounts of Financial Assistance over any rolling period of 3 financial years
- COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance –up to £1,900,000 across all COVID-19 Business Grant schemes
- COVID-19 Business Grant Special Allowance - if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £10,000,000 across all COVID-19 Business Grant schemes
Grants under these 3 allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £12,235,000
The first information is as to eligibility Check if you're eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
This also provides a link to establish the relevant council for you to apply to.
The second is in relation to the discretionary fund this is targeted at businesses that are severely impacted by the restrictions and the rise of the Omicron variant. Local councils have the freedom to determine the eligibility criteria for these grants.
Within the guidance councils are advised to consider applications from
- Operators who were not eligible for the LRSG and CBLP Grant schemes
- in allocating the second 2 ARG top-up payments: businesses from all sectors that may have been severely impacted by restrictions but were not eligible for the Restart Grant scheme, and those sectors that remained closed or were severely impacted by extended restrictions, even if those businesses had already been in receipt of Restart Grants
- in allocating the third ARG top-up payment: businesses severely impacted by the rise of the Omicron variant
Once again applications will be rejected if you have exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance. Details of this grant are found at Check if you're eligible for the coronavirus Additional Restrictions Grant.